Visual & Performing Arts
Students participate in a variety of arts programs during the school day and as part of after-school co-curricular programs.
- Elementary Division students have classes in art, music, and performing arts every week.
- Middle Division students participate in one marking period each of art, music, dance, and theater.
- Senior Division students must complete one year of work in a performing or visual arts course of their choice.
Students are encouraged to participate in one or more of the many co-curricular activities available in the visual and performing arts.
Co-curricular arts activities available to students include:
- Concert, jazz, and marching bands
- Art Media evening program
- Ballet, jazz, tap, and other dance programs
- Video production
- Full-length theater productions in each division
- Stage production and management
- Elementary, middle school, and varsity choirs
- Annual Passion Play
- New Horizons vocal group
- Individual and small group piano and other instrument lessons
- Art Museum volunteer work
- Participation in the International Theatre Society’s annual festival
- Handbell choir
- Elementary Art Explorers
- Annual Parent Weekend Performance
- Trips to area museums
- Piano ensemble club and other instrumental ensembles