Athletics & Intramurals
Milton Hershey School® fields varsity and junior varsity teams in football, soccer, track and field, cross country, baseball, softball, field hockey, swimming and diving, wrestling, cheerleading, and basketball in the Senior Division. MHS teams compete locally with public and private schools, and have won state and regional varsity championships in a number of sports.
Children participate in intramural team sports in the Elementary and Middle Divisions, such as basketball, baseball, softball, soccer, field hockey, swimming and diving, track and field, and wrestling. Students have many other activities to choose from as well. MHS has age-appropriate playgrounds, stocked fishing ponds, and safe areas where children can hike, bike, and skate.
Among its recreational facilities, the School offers:
- A 7,000-seat football stadium
- Outdoor all-weather track
- Eight lighted tennis courts
- Two indoor swimming pools
- Ice-skating rink
- Field hockey and soccer fields
- Baseball/softball diamonds
- Three gymnasiums
- Spartan Center sports complex that includes basketball courts, strength training and aerobic rooms, and an indoor track