Alliance Schools Program
Purpose & Rationale
Milton Hershey School® wants students to be successful — both while they are at the School and also after they graduate. That's why MHS has formed partnerships with post-secondary institutions, including two-year colleges, four-year colleges, and technical schools.
The schools in the MHS Alliance Schools Program make sure graduates have the support and resources they need for a successful educational experience so they can earn the degree or certificate needed for their chosen career.
MHS graduates who attend an Alliance School benefit from:
- A staff member assigned to work with MHS staff and grads. This means more individualized attention for students in resolving their issues and helping them meet goals — and greater peace of mind for parents/sponsors..
- Special programs developed by MHS and the Alliance Schools that allow students to experience a college environment and post-graduate life before they attend.
- One financial aid representative assigned to MHS graduates to ensure that each student receives the maximum financial aid and Continuing Education Scholarship benefits.
- Guaranteed housing for the student's first two years or apartment referrals.
- Early-start and summer preparation programs, when needed.
- First-year adjustment/transition courses to increase achievement and retention.
- Early-alert warning systems with academic guidance and intervention.
- Mentoring programs with MHS alumni or the school's upperclassmen.
- Interships and part-time work opportunities.
For more information, contact Elizabeth McInnis Benito , Coordinator, Post-Secondary Partnerships, (717) 520-3306.