Spartan Hall of Fame
Honoring creative talent, athleticism, and dedication
For almost a century, the hard work and talents of Milton Hershey School® students and staff have brought honor to our School, our community, and our home. To ensure that these contributions receive recognition - and to serve as an inspiration to MHS students and staff of today and tomorrow - Milton Hershey School established the Spartan Hall of Fame in 2003.
Why the Spartan Hall of Fame?
MHS graduates and staff serve as important role models for our students and we trust that the examples of achievement illustrated by the Spartan Hall of Fame members will:
- Inspire and motivate our students to excel in everything they do.
- Create a desire to emulate and surpass the accomplishments of past award recipients with the belief that this may help MHS students attain the highest level of value from their Milton Hershey School experience.
- Foster outstanding citizenship, fairness, honor, pride, and respect for themselves, their classmates and peers, and their School.
- Recognize and honor the great athletes, performing and visual artists, and related staff members who have brought fame to Milton Hershey School through their accomplishments while at Milton Hershey School.
Who can be nominated?
Candidates for membership in the Spartan Hall of Fame must be graduates of Milton Hershey School or current or retired staff members who meet the requirements in athletics or the visual and performing arts. Posthumous nominations also may be submitted. Click Spartan Hall of Fame brochure (PDF) for additional information.
How do I nominate someone?
Alumni and staff may submit nominations at any time during the year with Dec. 31 as the cut-off date for nominations for the following year (e.g. Dec. 31, 2009, for the 2010 induction).
Compete the on-line nomination form (click here to fill out the form) or request a form through the Alumni Relations & Programs Office. Spartan Hall of Fame Nomination Form (PDF). Completed forms should be returned to the Alumni Relations & Programs Office, PO Box 830, Hershey PA 17033; fax (717) 520-2033.
Call the MHS Alumni Relations & Programs Office at:
(888) MHS-ALUM [(888) 647-2586] or (717) 520-2034.