To be considered for enrollment, the child must:
- Come from a family of low income.
- Be 4-15 years old at the time of enrollment.
- Have the ability to learn.
- Be free of serious emotional and behavioral problems.
- Be able to participate in the School's program.
Be born in the United States.
Although preference is given to children born in Dauphin, Lancaster, or Lebanon counties in Pennsylvania and children from the rest of Pennsylvania in accordance with the School's Deed of Trust, current students come from many states. The School examines need, motivation, and personal character in making its final selections. Enrollment is not guaranteed and prospective students must demonstrate the capability to benefit from the programs the School offers.
The School admits boys and girls of any race, color, religion, nationality, or ethnic origin.